- Got trash out! You wouldn't think it was a big deal but as soon as the trash guys picked up our two full containers, we got the 4 bags out of the kitchen, plus 4 more from Hannah's deep clean of her room over the weekend. And then two more bags from my cleaning out our pantry. Which brings me to the other big-ish thing . . . .
- I cleaned out the pantry. There was actually something in there that expired in 2007!
- Will finished mowing the lawn and did a load of laundry.
- Went to the library and got many books out on food! I am so bored and burned out and we eat way too much junk food and I really need to lose weight! I already skimmed/read What Would Jesus Eat? which was pretty interesting. Now I'm reading Real Food by Nina Planck. I am feeling inspired to try to rejuvenate my cooking. Here are my tentative plans:
- Start buying at the Vienna Farmers Market on Sat. a.m. I've been meaning to do this for a couple of months now. So this Saturday I am really making an effort to get there and check it out. It seems it has dairy too which would be so cool. I'd really love not to have to run to a grocery store as frequently as I do to buy questionable stuff, just because I don't plan well or think things through.
- Maybe start buying stuff from Neshiminy Valley? I understand there is a co-op around here. I'll have to check that out.
- Get a good recipe for bread for our bread machine. It needs to be something wholesome and healthy and also something my family will actually eat. They tend to want only white bread but in the past they've like honey-oatmeal from the bread machine, so I just need find the healthiest but most palatable one out there and start using it.
- Buy Nourishing Traditions. I find it really intimidating but maybe it would inspire me. I added a NT blog to my sidebar. Many of the recipes actually look like something we'd eat.
Okay that's all I am going to attempt at this time!