Sunday, January 10, 2010

52 in 52

I hadn't thought about blogging this but then I saw MommyFaithe was so I decided to follow suit.

This is a challenge to read 52 books in 52 weeks. The idea is to read a book a week, however that is too unrealistic for me. Some books, like The Odyssey, are just not readable in a week given all the other stuff I have to do in a week! I think if you really tried to do the book a week thing with an otherwise busy life you'd either have to give up sleeping or just read very short, light books. I don't want to sacrifice the quality of my reading so my plan is to try to finish a book a week. I usually have several books going on at one. Usually three or four I'm reading with the kids and usually a couple of books I'm reading on my own.

So far in 2010:

1. The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux (this was an audio book I listened to in the car).
2. The Story of the Other Wise Man by Henry Van Dyke (this is either a very long short story or a very short novella. Absolutely beautiful and faith-filled.

Update! I forgot a book!

3. Archimedes and the Door to Science by Jeanne Bendick (I don't know if this counts as it is both a children's book and a re-read. However, I have such a bad memory re-reading books really isn't all that different from reading them the first time! And it had been several years since I had read it.

1 comment:

Karen Edmisten said...

You know I love booklists and book challenges and all things book, so I'll look forward to following your progress.

As for me, I have reading goals, too, but I'm afraid to post them publicly. :)