Sunday, January 31, 2010

52 in 52

Okay it has been 5 week since the beginning of the year. The books I've read in January:

1. The House that Cleans Itself by Mindy Starns Clark
2. The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux: The Story of a Soul
3. The Story of the Other Wiseman by Henry Van Dyke
4. Beyond the Heather Hills by Melissa Wiley
5. Hold Onto Your Kids By Gordon Neufeld
6. Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi

I'm also more than halfway through Villette by Charlotte Bronte.

I think I'm going to reread Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining and Bad Attitudes in You and Your Kids by Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller. Hold on to Your Kids was a good secular book for attachment/peaceful parenting but I remember really liking this book because it came from a Christian point of view and had some real practical steps for developing good relationship with your children and disciplining them in the way that discipline originally meants, as mentors or teachers.

For Lent I've decided I'm going to make myself finish Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict. I started this book, what, 2 years ago????? I love it! But I pick it up, read a few lines, go WOW! and then leave it alone for months. I need some discipline (ha!) to get it finished. Also I want to finish reading Introduction to the Old Testament by Lawrence Boadt.

No comments: