Friday, November 21, 2008

Journal of 11/21/08

Today is going to be a busy day. And I'm tired and don't want any busyness. My legs ache for some reason and my head is stuffed up and I am very, very tired.

So what's on tap for today?

Co-op from 9:30 to 12:30. Thats ASL, Cultural Studies and Nature/Science.

After that I promised the kids I'd take them shopping. They all seem to need new sneakers. Sean needs some more warm, long pants. I believe all need boots (but I have to remember to look at last years and see if that is really true.

After that, Sean's friend is coming over to play.

Then I have another opera to go to this evening! This will be the last one until April or May I believe. So I have to get myself gussied again (Ive run out of gussying up clothes; don't have that great of a selection!) and take the metro downtown to meet Rick. I am really excited though because we are going to see Andrea Bocelli! Conducted by Placido Domingo! Singing Rossini's Petite Messe Solenelle. Yes, Rossini wrote a Mass! So I do hope we can stay awake enough to appreciate it.

Speaking of Mass, Hannah and Will got up at 5:30 a.m. to go to the 6:15 teen Mass. It amazes that they do that every Friday. I haven't gone in a year at least. It takes me all weekend to recover from the loss of sleep!!!! I'm getting old. Anyway, as much fun and beauty this day offers, I'll be happy tomorrow when I can just hang out, putter around and be a homebody for a while.

UPDATE!

I skipped co-op. I simply couldn't muster up the energy to get everyone up and out the door. So everbody slept in instead. And I relaxed over a cup of coffee.

I cleaned up the mudroom and took stock of boots, coats and snow pants and then ordered what we needed from Land's End.

Josh is taking his history exam. Hurrah! He'll finally be finished his first quarter of Kolbe 8th grade!

Hannah came home from Mass with her back really aching. She pulled a muscle last night just stretching. And it still hurts. She is sleeping in my bed (because the siding guys are make too much noise outside her room) with those stick on hot packs stuck to her back. She took Motrin but it didn't seem to help much.

I got some laundry done and I've finally got that chicken noodle soup I've been aiming to make all week, burbling on the stove. Becky has been watching Bugs Bunny cartoons all a.m. I love those old cartoons.

Will has a CLC retreat to go to this weekend.