Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Journal of the day 11/18/08

I keep forgetting to do my weekly report a la WTM. Actually, we do so much in a week that it is easier to just jot down what we do each day. So here's today (with some backstory):

Got up this a.m. at 7:40. Meant to get up at 6:30 but overslept. Was exhausted from Bubbie's funeral and spending the whole day in Baltimore.

Decluttered kitchen table, kitchen island and loaded and ran dishwasher. Kitchen hadn't been cleaned and was still dirty from Hannah's party Sat. night. All day Sunday I had a terrible migraine. I didn't even make it to Mass. Then Mon. was the day of the funeral. . . .

Finished up Latin homework and studied a bit for the quiz. Got children up to eat breakfast (cold cereal) and have Will and Josh finish homework and study. Hannah was exhausted too because she had to go help close at Starbucks and didn't get home until after 10 last night. She was utterly spent.

Schoolwork for Becky and Sean (Hannah teaches them on Tuesday mornings):

  • practiced piano
  • spelling/phonics and grammar
  • Sean read another chapter in his book on St. Peter
  • Hannah read the next chapter in Faith and Life to Becky
  • Sean practiced times tables flashcards
  • Becky played with coins, counting and grouping them
  • Sean rewatched the Ch. 8 dvd lesson for Latin for Children
  • Both did a little bit of VT work

Josh, Will and I went to Latin class and took our quizzes. Not sure how well I did. Stopped at Chick fil a for lunch.

After lunch Josh, Sean, Becky and I worked on our Greek.

Josh is studying for his Kolbe History exam (except he just took a break to take Tillie on a walk).

Will practiced guitar and is now working on his math.

Hannah has supposedly been studying for her Spanish quiz tomorrow (but I think she's really playing with her hair and listening to the musical Chicago).

Becky is now playing at Noggin.com and Sean is now playing Super Smash Bros.

Other news: we had the season's first snow flurries today. Even though it is 40 degrees out the wind is biting cold and it is windy!

Rick has to go sit shiva tonight over in Baltimore. So I am planning to read Black Ships Before Troy to Becky and Sean this evening while he's out. We started the book last week and it is WONDERFUL! I'm absolutely thrilled by it.

Must take Will to band practice at 4:30 and take Sean, Josh and their friend to their Explosive Performance class (running class really) at 5:00.

I was going to make chicken noodle soup but I forgot to get the chicken out of the freezer so we are having hot dogs instead.

I've also caught up on a lot of laundry. Woo Hoo!!!!

The siding men are now installing the siding we ordered. However, they seem to not realize that trash should go in trashcans. Instead they pile it up in our driveway where the wind blows it around ours and our neighbor's yards. I got mad and went out and spoke angrily. They cleaned it up.

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

"I was going to make chicken noodle soup but I forgot to get the chicken out of the freezer so we are having hot dogs instead."

See? This is why you are my friend.

We read the kids Black Ships Before Troy when Benjamin was a baby. Larry took to calling him "Benjamin of the Fat Cheeks."

And you get more done in one day than we get done in an entire week.