Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Daily Journal 9/7/10

I am going to continue to journal daily until I feel we've gotten into a good groove for the autumn.

Yesterday, Labor Day, we didn't do much formally.

I did have Sean read another chapter of The Treasure Seekers and he, Will and I all watched the next unit of Discovering Music together in the evening.

Informally Sean spent lots of time creating music with garage band.

Josh, starting at about 8:15 p.m. did his Biology homework. He was still working on it at around 10 p.m. when I went to bed. But he said he only had a little bit left to do.

Today - Tuesday, 9/7/10

Josh and I had our first Latin class of the year. We reviewed conjugations and declensions. My rusty old brain was barely keeping up! Lots of homework to do for next class.

I then took Josh to his Biology field trip. They did a pond study at Riverbend. Josh says he enjoyed it.

Will was stuck at home with Becky and Sean, neither of whom behaved very well, as far as I can see. Sean read the first chapter in his Faith and Life book and started to memorize the 10 Commandments. He very halfheartedly started his math but hadn't gotten far (and got the first problem wrong anyway)by the time I got home at nearly 1 p.m.

Becky did a page of phonics but resisted doing math. She did a little for me when I got home.

This Tuesday was weird. Next Tuesday both Sean and Becky will be in an art class in the a.m. while Josh and I are at Latin. Will's on his own. I told him he needs to work somewhere on Tuesdays.

In the evening:

Read Becky another chapter of Little Women

Did 20 minutes of Latin review with Sean

Sean read another chapter of The Treasure Seekers

Josh finished an Alg. II test

No comments: