Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Daily Diary 5/30

1:04 p.m.

Woke up about 3:30 a.m. and didn't fall back to sleep until 6 or so. Didn't wake up for real until after 8:00. But! I don't have a headache, so I feel much better than I did yesterday.


Said rosary with Will and Becky.


Had late breakfast on porch. Weather is getting very warm and muggy.


Rick worked at home today. He is out running errands with Sean this right now.


Josh did Lesson 81 in math, some translation in Latin, piano practice.


Sean read 3 word problems using both addition and subtraction and answered them. He worked well. I was impressed by his diligence. Then he got up and announced that since he had read the word problems, he had done his reading for the day. I still want to work more with him on word attack skills.


I read some of Chesterton's Dumb Ox to Hannah, we are barely grasping it. I gave her the Vision book on St. Thomas Aquinas because she really had no clue what was going on in Chesterton.


Will is reading Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead and really enjoying it. He e-mailed the teacher to ask if he could write more than a 3 paragraph essay on it. Hannah finished writing one of her extra credit papers. She got Rick to proof it. I didn't read it but he said it was good.

Hannah is working hard on studying for her math subject SAT test but she is getting more and more nervous. She has taken practice tests from several different books, but the current book Barron's is really much harder than the other ones like Princeton and she can not score well at all. Her confidence is very shakey. Her gentleman friend apparently took the same test last year and he said he'd help her study. They are going to see Pirates III this afternoon. I don't know why I consented to letting them go in the middle of the afternoon on a school day. I guess because it really feels like summer now and her friend's high school is out already.


Becky's watching Between the Lions and enjoying it thoroughly. She keeps telling me to watch with her.



Little household things: still need to unload dishwasher. Put on load of laundry this a.m. but need to move it now and put away two loads that are currently thrown on my bed upstairs.


After that I'll read history and science to Josh.



Still need to sign up for the pool. I am hesitant to drive the minivan since the side is bashed in from the accident on Sunday. And Rick and Hannah have the other cars. I don't like being without my minvan! Can't wait to get it repaired. I know it runs okay but it looks awful and you can't get in on one side of it.



Sean went swimming with Joseph. Josh and Will didn't want to go to the playground, so just Becky and I went. Only one other mom was there, but fortunately she had lots of little girls for Becky to play with. I think the other usual folks didn't come because 1)today was pretty hot, though not as bad as they had predicted and 2)pools are open, so I think those who have joined pools would rather go there.

Hannah got back from her movie. She also went to the library and took a College Board.com old SAT Subject II Math test. She got a 650 on it, so she decided that Barron's tests are unduly hard. She's feels lots better about taking the test.

Read to Josh.

Watched lecture on Enlightment in Popes and Papacy after dinner with Hannah.

William did lots of math homework and took a test.

No comments: